"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Monday, June 25, 2018

I Survived Pride

It didn't take much doing -- I skipped the Parade: I'm not one for crowds at the best of times, and I'm still recovering from the attack of whatever attacked me last weekend, so I just went to the Park and read for a while. Because of geography (read: bus reroutes around the Parade and the resultant chaotic traffic), it took me two hours to get there and three hours to get home. It normally takes about 45 minutes.

So, after a day of kids wearing rainbows and being out and proud, I get up this morning to check the news and it's back to Donald Trump being a genocidal asshole who wants to repeal the Bill of Rights and the Fourteenth Amendment.

I'd rather have rainbows.


No comments: