"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Sunday, June 10, 2018

Masterpiece Cakeshop

I was going to spend some time this morning doing a summation post on the Supreme Court decision and its ramifications, but I've spent this morning, and last morning, fighting with my browser and I'm pooped.

The bottom line is that the decision was very limited, did not deal with the Constitutional issues of "religious freedom" (read: "license to discriminate") versus equality under the law, and was really a punt based on a somewhat dubious interpretation of comments by members of the Colorado Civil Rights Commission.

Nevertheless, the "religious" right is going to be braying about their immense victory over the forces of evil (gay people) and expect a flurry of suits and legislation on that basis.

Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: