"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Saturday, June 16, 2018

Today in Disgusting People

I touched on this yesterday, but I just ran across this post by Digby on Sarah Huckabee Sanders' press briefing on Thursday. You have to read the whole thing to get the full impact of what a bitch she is:

CNN’s Jim Acosta asked Sanders to explain Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ comments earlier in the day about how the White House’s family separation policy is consistent with the teachings of the Bible.

Sanders said she couldn’t speak to Sessions’ specific comments, but added, “I can say that it is very biblical to enforce the law.”

But family separation is not a law. It is a policy that the Trump administration implemented in April and could end at any time.

When Acosta pointed this out to Sanders, she replied by calling him stupid.

“I know it’s hard for you to understand even short sentences, I guess,” she said. “Please don’t take my words out of context, but the separation of illegal alien families is the product of the same legal loopholes that Democrats refuse to close.”

Add "unprofessional" to the mix.

As the article points out, separating families of people seeking asylum is not the law and the Democrats have nothing to do with it: it is Trump's policy, from the get-go. She's a liar, just like her boss. (t's worth noting, as well, that Acosta seems to very high on the Trump regime's shit list, probably because he's doing his job.)

And I'm sure there's something in the Bible that says you're not required to obey unjust and immoral laws.

No comments: