"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Thursday, September 06, 2018

About That Anonymous Op-Ed (Update)

That's what's all over the news this morning, that and the reactions of Trump and his minions. Seriously -- just look at the stories on RawStory this morning as an example: they're all about Who Wrote It? and How Awful That Person Is.

This one is the prize, though:

In a Wednesday afternoon tweet, President Donald Trump asked one question: Treason?


The question came after Trump commented on The New York Times op-ed from an insider on his team. He told law enforcement officials at the White House the staffer was probably a loser not doing well at their job.

L'etat, c'est Donald.

(I wouldn't be surprised if Trump wrote it himself -- except it's literate.)

Update:

This strikes me as pretty much on point:



Via Cheryl Rofer at Balloon Juice.

And this comment from Bobby Cramer echoes my sentiments almost exactly:

As mind-blowing as this is, I’d be even more amazed if this resulted in anything more than the current stream of breathless breaking news from the cable channels.

No comments: