"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, January 09, 2019

These People Really Are Sick

Note this in conjunction with my second "Must-Read" post from yesterday. It's essentially the same cognitive deficit:

A few miles away, another prison employee, Crystal Minton, accompanied her fiancĂ© to a friend’s house to help clear the remnants of a metal roof mangled by the hurricane. Ms. Minton, a 38-year-old secretary, said she had obtained permission from the warden to put off her Mississippi duty until early February because she is a single mother caring for disabled parents. Her fiancĂ© plans to take vacation days to look after Ms. Minton’s 7-year-old twins once she has to go to work.

The shutdown on top of the hurricane has caused Ms. Minton to rethink a lot of things.

“I voted for him, and he’s the one who’s doing this,” she said of Mr. Trump. “I thought he was going to do good things. He’s not hurting the people he needs to be hurting.
(Emphasis added.)

Just think about that last statement. What kind of mindset is that, and what does it tell you about Trump voters? Nothing good.

And you know they're going to vote for him again.

Via Digby.

Footnote: This fits the profile.

No comments: