"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Saturday, February 23, 2019

Today's Must Read: That Scandalous Feinstein Video

You may have run across coverage of an interchange between Sen. Dianne Feinstein and a group of high-schoolers. I'd strongly recommend you search out the full video rather than the edited version that's being jumped on the media. Here's some level-headed coverage from Adam L. Silverman at Balloon Juice:

Earlier today Waleed Shahid, fresh off of getting dragged for posting barbered and highly edited clips of Senator Harris from her town hall on his twitter feed several weeks ago, decided it was time to set his sights on the senior senator from California. As I suspected in the comments to an earlier post, Shahid had once again posted heavily edited videos on his twitter feed to go after someone that doesn’t measure up to his purity fanaticism. Fortunately, just like the last time, someone came along to set the record straight.

Silverman goes on to include a twitter-feed with the full, unedited video, which puts things in a very different light. Then he goes on to discuss the "Justice Democrats," who seem to be interested in anything but justice.

To be quite candid, I'm more than a little fed up with the left-wing purity police and the rush to judgment (a prime example, this post at Crooks and Liars; at least she included a link to the full video, although she posted the edited version). They gave us Donald Trump, and now seem intent on a reprise for 2020. Assuming he hasn't been impeached.

(Footnote: yes, I've been largely silent, due in part to a slow recovery -- I think I pushed too hard too fast -- and in part to being sick of the news, which is full of breathless speculation on -- well, you name it.



No comments: