"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Monday, September 30, 2019

Today's Must-Read: He's Lost It

This is downright scary -- it's somewhat more serious than Trump's usual twitter tantrum, and it behooves us all to read the entire thread. Here's the crux:



Given the emotional maturity of his base, he's just painted a big target on Schiff's back: his followers will take this as licence to go gunning for, not only Schiff, but anyone who participates in the impeachment hearings.

I've already seen comments to the effect of "Oh, it's just Trump having a tantrum." No -- he's calling for the trial and execution of a sitting member of Congress for doing his constitutional duty.

Oh, and notice the phrasing: I want him tried. All that's missing is the royal "we".

Read the whole thing.

(The comments at Trump's Twitter account are not sympathetic.)

No comments: