"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Sunday, December 15, 2019

Blatant, Chapter Two

Following in the footsteps of Moscow Mitch, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-Dixie) has stopped even trying to appear fair and impartial:

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) on Saturday pledged to help impeachment "die quickly" in the Senate as it becomes increasingly likely that the House will vote to impeach President Trump, leading to a Senate trial.

"This thing will come to the Senate, and it will die quickly, and I will do everything I can to make it die quickly," he told CNN while at the Doha Forum in Qatar.

"I am trying to give a pretty clear signal I have made up my mind. I'm not trying to pretend to be a fair juror here," Graham added. "What I see coming, happening today is just a partisan nonsense."
Emphasis added.

And of course, which party made it "partisan"? (I'll take Republicans for $400, Alex.)

Via Joe.My.God.

The Trump regime has given up even pretending to work for anything but their own control of the country. Thanks, Uncle Vlad.

Digby has more background on Graham's transformation. Yes, once upon a time, about twenty years ago, he was all in favor of impeachment. This video is from November, 1998:




Let me think -- who was president then?

How times have changed. something tells me Graham hasn't -- he's just gone public.

No comments: