"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Saturday, February 22, 2020

WTF? A Twofer

The "Christian" apologists are out in full force, and even more clueless than ever. First, Glenn Beck, from a diatribe against Pete Buttigieg:

You can’t pick and choose if you’re going to use the Bible.

As if every Christian throughout the history of the religion hasn't done just that.

And even more unhinged, Bill Donohue:

There is a reason the Diocese of Harrisburg filed for bankruptcy the day after the Boy Scouts of America did: both have been targeted by lawyers who have a profound hatred of institutions that promote traditional moral values. It is incontestable that no religious organization is known for doing this more than the Catholic Church, and no secular organization can rival the Boy Scouts on this score.

It would be interesting to learn a bit more about what Donohue considers "traditional moral values". I had never heard that they included raping boys put in your care.

Words fail me.

No comments: