"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Immigration

It's a very complex issue these days, and one that could lead to further division in the Republican party (not that that's a bad thing at all). I'm not going to get into it, because I don't really comprehend all the ramifications -- mostly because in this day and age, you have to pick your problems and focus on them, and immigration is not one that I've picked. Most of my family were immigrants at one point, anyway, so I'm a little ambivalent about it. I'm sure that, as usual, I would wind up somewhere in the middle, between the total-amnesty-and-let's-make-them-all-citizens-right-now left wingnuts and the throw-eveyone-out-and-don't-let-anyone-else-in right wingnuts.

But: Think about the symbolism of building a wall along the Mexican border.

Just think about that for a while.

No comments: