"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Please, Rev. Wingnut, Boycott Me

If you want to be a financial and popular success, try to get yourself boycotted by the right wingnuts.

This on the Dixie Chicks, from DownWithTyranny!:

Highway 16, the country hits channel on XM Satellite Radio, is playing the new song and asking listeners if they should keep playing it. The last time he heard a report, the DJ said the response was overwhelmingly positive so far, 95% in favor. The 5% opposing it is even smaller than Dick Cheney's 18% approval rating. And John over at CROOKS & LIARS points out that the over $100 million dollar income since the boycott started isn't exactly the nose dive the far right was looking for.

Remember the 9-year boycott of Disney by the AFA, which finally called it off, claiming a major success? After Disney posted record earnings for the entire period?

And Ford is running scared? They must all be Democrats.

I should try to get Donald Wildmon to boycott me. Truly.

(Thanks to Atrios for the link.)

1 comment:

Nigel said...

I love it! Like the Catholic Church condemning the da Vinci Code, which simply pushed up the sales.

Nikos