"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Saturday, May 13, 2006

(sigh. . . .)

Jane Galt (whose real name I knew once and have forgotten) is still trying to find rational reasons against gay marriage. It's quite obvious at this point that she has an emotional attachment to the status quo, or merely an ideological bump. Why doesn't she just get over it? Same-sex marriage will become legal when the country decides it should be legal, probably after a lot more yelling and screaming, more court cases, more elections, more referendums, until we finally hammer out some sort of consensus.

And then everyone will wonder what all the fuss was about.

No comments: