"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Moral Minority

Time has an interesting article on the myths being spun about the election. The last one is the one I found most interesting:

MYTH: Republicans lost their base.
REALITY: The base turned out, they just got beat.


I seem to remember saying, some while back, that these people are a minority. It's the big dirty secret that they -- and their political tools -- don't want you to know. This time, the wingnuts lost the independents. Wham!

Mike Pence is claiming it's because the Republicans lost their limited government princples. What a load. Does he really think that if the Republicans had reduced the size of the government, kept the budget under control, etc., etc., etc., the electorate would have been willing to swallow Abramoff, Katrina, Iraq, and Foley?

Puh-leeze.

(Actually, thinking about it, they might have. Except the two are mutually exclusive, I think.)

No comments: