"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Hooray for Science!

A chance link while reading PZ Myers' blog led me to Gregory Simonian, a high school student who wrote the first-place essay in the Alliance for Science essay contest, and who linked to Understanding Evolution, which looks like a good site for those who are a bit confused about the whole thing. (There is, of course, my old standby TalkOrigins, but that can get a little dense for those without some advanced (i.e., post-college freshman "required" science courses) scientific background.) (By the way, Simonian's blog is a treat. Check it out.)

Phew! I needed something to cheer me up.

No comments: