"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Major Bummer

Polaroid is going to stop making instant film. This is a real problem for me, since some of my most interesting work was done with a Polaroid Spectra System camera. (If you go to a/k/a Hunter and look at the series "Vanished" and "Shatter," those were all done with that camera It was a marvelous tool, and if I can get it repaired, I would love to be able to use it again.



But I can't do it without film, dammit.

Via Andrew Sullivan

(Image from "Vanished", 1994)

No comments: