"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Pope and Reality

Andrew Sullivan, missing the point again:

Benedict will be pissed: masturbation keeps men healthier - and certainly at lower risk for prostate cancer. But it's been a long time since the Catholic church's claims about "natural law" were actually reflected in what we empirically know about nature. About 700 years, actually.

Excuse me, Benedict's still preaching against the use of condoms to prevent the spread of HIV. He will ignore the benefits of masturbation as readily as he ignores everything else that doesn't agree with his 700-year-old dogma.

And this is news exactly how?

No comments: