"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I Guess This Is "Wingnut Watch"


Hallmark has unveiled a group of wedding cards suitable for same-sex marriages. It is the end of civilization as we know it. Ed Brayton, quoting your friend and mine, Illinois' resident laughing stock Peter LaBarbera:

But Peter LaBarbera of Americans for Truth About Homosexuality says the cost of that relevance is ignoring what God's Word says about behavior that God considers sin. "It's very sad to see these large corporations choosing the almighty dollar over basic Christian morality," he comments.

Hmm -- excuse me? Capitalism is now Christian?

And of course, the AFA has declared a boycott:

Oh geez, the christianist group American Family Association has their panties in a twist about Hallmark Cards and their new line of Gay Marriage Greeting Cards.

I have to agree with AFA on one point: “Hallmark is a private company obviously driven by greed.” Duh. Hallmark is not selling a lifestyle, they’re selling product. These cards sell because people in love with each other are getting married!


Duh.

If you follow the links from the post on They Gave Us A Republic (go ahead -- give the AFA's website a hit, I don't care), you'll note that the photo of Donald Wildmon makes him look like a carp.

Bottom feeder.

Joe.My.God has the best summary:

A full-scale boycott against an uninspired line of greeting cards that don't even use the WORD marriage. These people have empty, empty lives.

'Nuff said?

No comments: