"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Tweedle-Dum

This is the sort of thing that infuriates me beyond reason. This post from PZ Myers is to my way of thinking fairly mild, until you get to the section he takes from Nathan Acks, who was an observer for the National Lawyers Guild. Read Acks' account of his arrest and the activities of the police at the demonstrations outside the convention.

It seems the police state is here to stay, no matter which party you support. I'm going to backtrack to something I said a while ago: don't expect any new president to make any moves toward relinquishing any of the powers the Bush administration has arrogated to itself. It's not going to happen.

No comments: