"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Dump Dobson

I keep meaning to write more on the travesty of inducting James Dobson into the National Radio Hall of Fame, which I've commented on before (Here and here). I simply have no time right now, but Wayne Besen is on top of it. I recommend you read his essays here and here.

Here's a video of the press conference:



This all grows, on my part at least, from this article in the Chicago Reader. I've spoken with the author, Deanna Isaacs, and we both would like to discuss it further. I may invite her to do a guest post or some such -- part of my objection rests in the coverage of the issue by the Reader, which I felt was off-point and displayed kid gloves handling of DuMont. Deanna certainly deserves a chance to respond.

No comments: