"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Well, That's A Good Thing To Hear

From the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals:

After the government appealed U.S. District Judge Virginia Phillips’ decision, the 9th Circuit agreed to keep the policy in place until it could consider the matter. The appeals court reversed itself with Wednesday’s order by lifting its hold on Phillips’ decision.

“The circumstances and balance of hardships have changed, and (the government) can no longer satisfy the demanding standard for issuance of a stay,” the panel said.


I found this sort of amusing:

The Pentagon has been moving carefully to implement the repeal of the ban on openly gay troops.

Hmm -- read that "moving carefully" to mean "with painful slowness."

Any bets on whether the DoD appeals?

No comments: