"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Leadership


Digby has a trenchant comment that I thought worth noting:

It's hard to believe sometimes, but when leaders lead on issues it often forces people to "sit down and think about it". Certainly not the haters or the hardcore ideological opponents who will never vote for them anyway. But others, the people who aren't quite sure, often find leadership to be a helpful guide.

It's a simple formula that goes back a long way. I'm surprised more politicians don't use it.

Maybe Obama should have figured this out three years ago?

No comments: