"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Bleh

Recovering from a mild case of bronchitis, slowly, but steadily. Hence my absence for the past few days.

Not to mention that it was around 90 yesterday and is expected to reach 95 today. With about 90% humidity. Not helping my breathing at all.

Thought about going to the movies (no air conditioning here -- I didn't really need it last year, and never got around to installing it), then thought about what two or three hours in nice cold dry air would do to my lungs.

Looks like another day in the park, sitting in the shade and reading.

However, on the bright side, this:

In today's ruling, the EEOC states that "allegations of discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation state a claim of discrimination on the basis of sex. We further conclude that allegations of discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation necessarily state a claim of discrimination on the basis of sex."

Who knew?

No comments: