"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Culture Break: Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake, Finale

I'm not sure what I think about this, except to note that it's not your standard Swan Lake.


If you're interested in more, here are links to the full ballet, Part I and Part II.

2 comments:

Peter said...

Thanks for sharing this, Robert. It looks like the choreographer was inspired by "Love! Valour! Compassion!" In that movie (and presumably in the Terrence McNally play on which it's based) the men rehearse an all-male "Swan Lake."

Hunter said...

Sorry -- somehow missed your comment.

While I don't recall ever seeing this before, somehow it seems familiar. I'm not sure if I like it, though.

And, as always, good to hear from you.