"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Jumping On the Bandwagon

I suppose I should have seen this coming:

Activists hoping to keep transgender people out of bathrooms just got a new ally: the Ku Klux Klan.

An Alabama neighborhood received fliers speaking out in support of laws like the one passed in North Carolina, that confine bathrooms to gender assignment at birth. They also begged for new recruits and solicit donations.

“It appears to be against transgender and transgender bathrooms and it was basically a recruitment flier,” Capt. Will Benny explained to the Dothan Eagle.

It seems that trans folk using the bathroom is the best fundraising gimmick since gay Boy Scouts.

All I can say is, you're known by the company you keep. (There's a Tony Perkins joke in here somewhere, but the connection is just too easy.)


No comments: