"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Monday, November 28, 2016

Welcome to Trump's America

It's not that you can't make this stuff up -- it's that you don't have to any more:

According to Ricky Berry, he and his roommate Philip Blackwell went to a CVS store in Carytown, Virginia in search of cheese.

After asking an employee if the store carried cheese, and being told it did not, Berry said the staffer and other employees who had been on floor disappeared.

“We looked around for probably 30, 45 minutes and we couldn’t find anybody,” Blackwell said, adding that they discovered another customer, attempting to purchase Oragel for a bad tooth, who also couldn’t find anyone to help him.

Berry stated that a police officer showed up and helped them search the store only to discover the employees huddled in a back room behind locked doors.


Fasten your seatbelts -- it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Coda: This:

“I was a little firm with him, and I just told him, ‘Hey, you know, my husband and I spend a lot of money here. We’ve been using you guys for ten years. We have $3,000 worth of stone.’” Shawlin recalled telling manager. “And [the manager] goes, ‘oh, that explains it now. The faggot that voted for Hillary.’”

Another customer expressed support for Donald Trump after overhearing the conversation, Shawlin said.

The father broke down in tears remembering how the customer later followed him and his son into the parking lot.

“He basically said, ‘What are these faggots going to do to this child?’” Shawlin recalled.

This is what happens when you validate assholes.

And again. I know where that store is. In fact, I bought a picture frame there. Not the behavior I would expect from someone from that neighborhood -- it's actually very close to where I lived for a number of years, what I used to call "South Suburban Boys' Town." Sadly, there are people like that in Chicago -- I remember a bizarre conversation I had with a woman at the bus stop, commiserating about reductions in service: She was convinced it was because Obama was giving people cars. Really.

Be warned -- it's about ten minutes.


No comments: