"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Coming Attractions: "Call Me By Your Name"

Sadly, not scheduled for release until November 24. Here's the first trailer:


From the listing at IMDb:

Summer of 1983, Northern Italy. An American-Italian is enamored by an American student who comes to study and live with his family. Together they share an unforgettable summer full of music, food, and romance that will forever change them.

And here's a portion of an interview with director Luca Guadagnino.

Sidebar: I've not seen much of Armie Hammer's work, bit I remember one scene from The Man From U.N.C.L.E. in which he, as Ilya Kuriakin, is talking to Henry Cavill, as Napoleon Solo: He towers over Cavill, who is not what you'd call "petite". Turns out Hammer is 6'5". (Actually, he was pretty believable as Kuriakin.)an

Another note: Looks as though the release date for God's Own Country has been pushed back. It's now October 27. Looks like I'll be hitting the movie houses again this fall.

No comments: