"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Idiot du Jour

Frankly, Tomi Lahren is not someone who pops up on my radar that often, but this is a glaring example of what's wrong with so much of the debate on health insurance -- at least, among those who don't know how things work -- like the president:

“I believe it’s my right to purchase health care, I don’t believe it’s my right to pay for it for other people,” Lahren said.

That's what insurance is: pooling the risk, spreading it out over a larger group so that if something does happen, people don't go bankrupt or worse.

One wonders what her reaction is to those states (which I think is all of them at this point) that mandate that drivers must have auto insurance.

What a moron. (And of course she's a hypocrite, since she's still on her parents' insurance, thanks to Obamacare. But then, she's a Republican.)

No comments: