"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Undies

OK -- the news today is pretty pathetic. I'm struck by the number of stories on "he said, and isn't it awful?," which I'm not going to bother with. Ann Althouse managed to come up with something marginally interesting, at least: NYT has a story on a new men's underwear boutique in Portland, OR, Under U 4 Men. The Times, of course, is amazed at the phenomenon, and even links to International Jock (although not to the story's subject). Of course, those of us into underwear (although I can't really say I'm "into" underwear -- while I like to wear sexy underpants, my main concern is generally getting them off quickly) have known about Undergear for years.

Here's the link to Althouse's post. She doesn't say anything (quelle surprise!), but the comments are funny.

No comments: