"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Blah, Part II

Not really. I've just had a lot of ups and downs the past few days, my concentration is blown because Ben's not been feeling well (how can I tell? you ask. You obviously have not lived with a cat. He's old -- I worry), and I have a lot of writing projects going on right now (none of which is going to make me a cent), and I'm really sick and tired of the news. Bad mood swings. I hate that -- going ballistic over trivia. I'm just too close to the edge, obviously.

(But do check out the most recent posts on cabanaboyscoot. They're good.)

So, you get a picture. How's that?




It's from a series I did a few years ago with a Polaroid for dummies, called "Shatter." Polaroids do interesting things when you don't use them the way you're supposed to. In fact, they're so much more interesting than regular pictures, I wonder why anyone would want to follow the instructions.

But then, that's always been my problem.

In fact, maybe I'll give you two pictures. Yeah, that's it -- two pictures.




From another series made from using a Polaroid wrong, called "Vanished." The models I used were HIV+. It wasn't deliberate -- an after-the-fact sort of thing (about half the models I was using during this period were HIV+). It was just the people I knew.

Maybe I'll start thinking again in a day or two. Or at least get enough sleep to be reasonably outraged again.

By the way, there's a new post on the Writer's Blog at Hunter's Eye. It's about books. How singular.

PS -- leave comments. It's a rule.

1 comment:

Hunter said...

Scoot -- thanks for visiting, thanks for linking, and thanks especially for leaving your comment.

You're actually on my "hit daily" list. It's really through you, towleroad, and Left Coast Breakdown that I've discovered the gay blogosphere. Very rich stuff.