"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Map, Again

I'm fascinated by my ClustrMap. It's really fun to check in periodically and see how this blog is spreading. Latest additions: mainland China (looks like Beijing), the Philippines, Malaysia, South America (finally! Looks like Rio), and someplace in the middle of the Mediterranean -- Malta? -- and a couple more Canadians. I seem to be making headway in central Europe (quite a few hits from Germany now) and even one from Yugoslavia (or what's left of it).

I'm sort of bemused by some of the places it shows for visitors from the US. I had expected the coasts, pretty much, but not the numbers, and even the upper Midwest, which is, after all, home. But Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, (? Could be Mississippi -- the resolution isn't so great, even on the large map) and Tennessee, the central Plains, Georgia, all sort of surprised me. Don't know why -- the Internet is everywhere, and anonymous. In spite of all the scare pop-ups, not that many people really care where you're surfing to.

Welcome, all. Please stop for a minute and leave a comment. I'd love to know more about you and how you found me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's quite possible that you get several locations for me, as I receive changing IPs from my ISP.

*waves*

Hunter said...

I'm getting locations pretty much all around Germany -- your ISP must be a busy little critter.

*waves back*