"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Friday, October 27, 2006

New Jersey

I haven't had time to read the opinion yet, but of course the Christianists are up in arms about "activist judges" ramming gay marriage down people's throats, and the people should decide, and on and on and on. (And don't forget that in Illinois, when opponents of same-sex marriage couldn't get a referendum on the ballot, they took the matter to the courts -- looking for an activist judge to throw out Illinois' election laws.)

Glenn Greenwald has some interesting things to say about these "experts."

He also has a link to the opinion (pdf).

No comments: