"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Scum

Rush Limbaugh. Attacking Michael J. Fox for "faking it" in ads for candidates who support federal funding for stem cell research. Slimy.

In fact, the disabled seem to be the new Gay for Republicans. Tammy Duckworth, who left her legs in Iraq, was accused by her opponent of wanting to "cut and run." Barbara Cubin in Wyoming threatened to attack her Libertarian opponent. Of course, Ann Coulter accused Max Cleland of wounding himself, so there's a history here.

Of course, they're still running racist ads in Tennessee. I hear George Allen may want to borrow them, if they can work in the word "macaca." So maybe Black is the new Gay.

And homophobia still works, just not quite as well. Maybe because the cat's out of the bag: Karl Rove thinks' James Dobson's a joke.

So I guess Gay is the new Gay.

Whatever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed that Limbaugh was able to articulate the word "shameless" without being struck by lightning. If I hadn't seen this clip with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed it even of him.