"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Monday, June 11, 2007

What Are These People Drinking?

This one is showing up at Pandagon, Pam's House Blend, and Digby. Digby has the key political take:

So you have an obscenely expensive program that the data shows doesn't work, that Democrats don't want and that actually hurts kids. The only people it benefits are a bunch of right wing extremist scam artists who would rather put ice picks in their eyes than support a Democrat --- and the Republican party, who continue to receive plenty of largesse in return. Yet the Democratic congress has agreed to fund it.

Digby has all the essential back-up. Read his post, and Amanda Marcotte's.

This program is immoral for a lot of reasons, and I simply don't understand . . . well, OK, I guess I do. The Democrats have weird spells of ballessness, and this is one of them.

I'll try to keep on this one as it moves to the House floor. It's only a committee vote now, and I can't find the specifics on the bill anyplace, but this one really has to be killed. They might as well be out shooting babies. If anyone sees any hard information on it (like the bill number, that sort of thing) that I can include in a letter to my own Congresscritter so she knows what I'm talking about, feel free to leave it in the comments.

No comments: