"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Thursday, August 16, 2007

New blogs

Well, they're not really new, but they're fairly new here. I will eventually get my links list updated, but for your reading pleasure, I heartily recommend the following, all of which I have recently added to my own Bookmarks:

Obsidian Wings, featuring the incomparable hilzoy and publius.

The Bilerico Project, one of the premier gay sites.

The Mahablog, thoughtful and thorough.

Shakesville, Amanda Marcotte's successor blog to Shakespeare's Sister -- pungent. (Correction: Sorry, this is not Amanda's blog, which is Pandagon, also worth checking out, but Melissa McEwen's. My bad. [Note to self: Drink coffee first. Then post.])

Suburban Guerrilla, incisive and clear-eyed.

That should be enough to get you started. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the lovely recommendation, Hunter! We appreciate it!

One quick note though - Shakesville isn't written by Amanda Marcotte - it's Melissa McEwan. Also, your link goes to Shakespeare's Sister since she's moved back to that site after Shakeville was attacked repeatedly by spammers.

Hunter said...

Thank you for the correction and the -- mmm, correction. I guess this just demonstrates the risks of posting first thing in the morning. I seem to have Shakespeare's Sister and Pandagon right next to each other on my bookmarks.

However, I would like to point out that although the address is Shakespeare's Sister, the title/header still says "Shakesville," so I'm not as bad off as I thought.

Apologies for the gaffe.