"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Pastor Dan

I wasn't sure whether to make this a footnote to the post below or not, but decided finally to make a small post here. This is occasioned by this story at NYT. I wasn't impressed by the story, and the characterization of Pastor Dan as "confrontational and abrasive" and Street Prophets as practicing "calumny and condemnation" raised my eyebrows as much as it did Digby's. (Digby's post is on the theme of Christian love and compassion as practiced by the fringes of civilization.)

After reading Pastor Dan's reaction, I can only reflect that my feelings about the MSM are correct. Pastor Dan notes a few "inaccuracies" (which turns into quite a list) and also comments on what the reporter doesn't address, which really should have been the meat of the story.

And this is a surprise exactly how?

Read Pastor Dan's whole post. It's excellent.

No comments: