"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

TPC

If you've never seen The President's Analyst, try to find it someplace. It's an hysterical dark comedy with James Coburn as yoga-practicing, pot-smoking psychotherapist who is tapped to be the president's listening post -- and winds up being stalked by The Phone Company (TPC).

AT&T is on my shit list right now, to the extent that I am changing my service -- it seems that under the government-approved pricing system they now have, a local call is not necessarily a local call any more -- you can call the same area code and be charged for long-distance.

See this post by Pachacutec at Firedoglake on the telecom industry in general.

Scum.

(A Footnote: I see a trend with my phone service similar to what I saw with my bank: AT&T bought SBC, which had bought Illinois Bell -- and as the company got bigger, the service got worse and more expensive.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And don't many of us remember when the original AT&T was broken up because it was becoming a monopoly, thus creating the many "Baby Bells" that SBC/AT&T have been buying up like rabid bargain-hunters in Filene's basement?