"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Friday, November 30, 2007

You Can Tell When They're Really Afraid

If it hadn't been something that's happened before, particularly with Bush's "town meetings," this, from Steve Benen, would simply note one of those WTF? moments.

This is America for crying out loud. Somebody expects me to take a loyalty oath to a political party?

Get real.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Standing with arms aloft? Doesn't remind me of McCarthy and the Communists as much as it reminds me of Hitler and the Nazis. Oops. There I go again, accusing the neocons of fascism. My bad.