"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Saturday, April 19, 2008

McCainomics

He really is running for Bush's third term. The man's an idiot. From hilzoy:

And Scott Lilly wonders
"whether the shallow and sloppy work that went into the preparation of this latest economic plan is an aberration in an otherwise serious effort to have a serious debate about future policy choices facing the country, or emblematic of an approach to government in which the facts don’t matter."

Since McCain has, to the best of my knowledge, not said anything in the past few years that even remotely resembles a contribution to a serious debate about economic policy, I'm going with the second option. I don't think McCain knows much about economics. I see no sign that he cares to learn about it. That would be scary under any circumstances. Right now, though, it's terrifying.


It's beyond terrifying. We've just barely survived seven years of an incurious, intellectually challenged lump of a frat boy in the White House, and McCain actually thinks we want to do it again? It's no wonder his pals in the corporate press are going after Clinton and Obama with anything they can find.

No comments: