"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Not the Brightest Porch Light on the Block

It's hard to pinpoint that one, sometimes, but fortunately, it seems lately that all you have to do as a default is check out K-Lo's posts at The Corner. Via John Cole, this gem:

If Obama could go to Germany and give a speech in English and be not only understood but well-received, why does he say we all need to learn another language?

Cole didn't include this part, which I think is even funnier:

I say that as a big proponent of Latin learning. But I'm guessing Obama had other languages in mind ...

Does anyone really wonder why I think the right is just totally clueless?

(And, for those who are about to say I've missed the point, no -- I get it. It's just that Lopez' sense of humor is about as polished as that of any other right-wing hack.)

No comments: