"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Monday, August 11, 2008

Monday WTF? Hour

I don't have much to say about anything this morning, so I thought I'd just assemble a selection of choice stupidity:

First, via Crooks and Liars, this is really, really good:

Roberts: …going off this week I know his grandmother lives in Hawaii and I know Hawaii is a state, but it has the look of him going off to some sort of foreign, exotic place. He should be at Myrtle Beach and if he’s going to take a vacation at this time. I just think this is not the time to do that.

I suppose we can be grateful that Cokie Roberts (who somehow has a job, which amazes me) knows that Hawai'i is a state. I can only echo John Amato on this one: "It’s so exotic, visiting your grandmother."

And from Miss Cellania, this one:



Well, Duh!

And via Digby, this gem:

David Gregory on Edwards: "Is this another skeleton in the Democratic closet that Barack Obama must struggle to overcome?"

You're stretching just a bit, I think.

OK -- there's only so much of this I can take at a time. Feel free.

No comments: