"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Monday, September 01, 2008

Bleh

Looking at the news, and it's all non-stories, except for Gustav, and most of the reporting on that is how the Repubicans are positioning themselves to take political advantage of it, mostly by saying that Gustav proves you should vote for McCain. (I know, it doesn't make any sense to me either, as though McCain is going to take over FEMA and run the recovery personally, but it's an election year.)

Palin: raises the "experience" mantra again, which has been one of the major nonsequiturs for this season. It's not experience, it's judgment. So far, Obama has the edge.

Palin also managed to knock Obama's acceptance speech out of the ring, which is the entire reason for the timing of McCain's announcement, and probably more than half the reason for the selection. The other half would be the fringe Christianists, who love her and don't love McCain.

Funny of the day: someone in one of my discussion groups actually posted that "McCain has run a brilliant campaign and Obama hasn't." Seriously. The only way to respond to something like that is with loud guffaws.

And I've pretty much decided that today has to be an eyes free day, as much as possible. Tired. Really, really tired, which means I've been sitting around reading and writing too much.

May be light posting tomorrow and Wednesday -- starting new schedule, which means I have to be out the door before 7 am.

No comments: