"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Compare and Contrast

Hilzoy has done some interesting comparisons of the legislative record for McCain and Obama in the last two Congresses, including sponsored legislation and cosponsored legislation. It's an interesting collection, but be warned: it's lists. Lists and lists. Obama seems to have been very active, McCain, not so much. What I'm finding interesting is not only the number of bills authored or co-sponsored, but the kinds of bills that each man focused on. I think it makes a good checklist for what you want as president.

It's also important because, no matter what their stated positions on issues, this is what they've worked for. I'd rather have a history than promises any day.

No comments: