"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Day Late

Well, OK -- it's just that I seldom go online in the evening. But please note this anniversary, thanks to C&L:

British naturalist Charles Darwin published On the Origin of Species, which explained his theory of evolution. The basis for the theory is natural selection, the process by which organisms change over time as a result of changes in heritable (genetically based) physical or behavioral traits.

Such changes allow an organism to better adapt to its environment and help it survive and have more offspring.

Evolution is now universally accepted among scientists, and is the organizing principle upon which modern biological and related sciences are based.

No comments: