"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Monday, November 24, 2008

Maintenance Note

I'm still adding a few things here and there, as the mood strikes me. Notice that I've added a link to Join The Impact in the sidebar, and also, please note the new subhead above. It's from the quote I picked to head up the November 30 issue of Green Man Review (I still can't believe I wrote the whole thing; it'll be up next Sunday). The more I think about it, the more relevance it has.

It may also mark a shift in focus here. I don't know yet. This blog has been pretty much about outrage for the past couple of years -- not that there's been any shortage of that, and I will still probably continue to snipe at public idiocy -- but there's a lot more to life. It's only reasonable to acknowledge that.

(Sean Russell's duology, The Initiate Brother and Gatherer of Clouds, by the way, is one of the great works of contemporary fantasy. I think you should read it, but be warned: as I was sitting with the books intending to skim through and find a quote, I found myself again and again caught up in the story. It's magical that way.)

No comments: