"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Doldrums

You've probably noticed that posting here has not only gotten a little sporadic, but has moved away from the "daily outrage" realm. It's not that I'm sitting here thinking that, now that Obama is about to take office, everything will be fine. I don't think that, at all.

You've probably also noticed that I've been focusing on gay issues more lately. Chalk it up to the fact that the knuckle-dragging right is trying to prove that each is more anti-gay than the last (see this post at Think Progress -- and this one from The Hill [please make Blackwell head of the RNC -- I mean, stupid is the way to go, folks! Trust me on this]), and Obama is trying to cater to them. (Yes, I know he's got a loaded "hommaseksual agenda" -- I'll believe it when he starts lobbying Congress to get the bills passed.)

Basically, I'm exhausted. I need time to regroup and refocus. I'm not going to stop posting, but I probably won't be posting as much, and I'll be posting on a wider range of topics (most likely).

Of course, if there's something you'd like to hear me sound off on, do let me know.

No comments: