"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Popular Culture

Is an amazingly rich thing right now. You may think that this is always true, but I remember a time when it wasn't the case: popular culture has been, at various periods, pretty barren by comparison. (I'm remembering my childhood, when America slept the sleep of the shallow and untroubled.)

And the Internet has just made it more so.

I like that.

No comments: