"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Quagmire

That's my life right now, which is why I haven't been here much this week. New schedule, pesky practical details (for which I have no patience right now, and consequently, no motivation to deal with them), major distractions -- and the news is not something I can really get my teeth into: Obama's making some of the right moves, there are hordes of commentators out there watching every one of them through a microscope, and I have nothing to add to those discussions.

And my head is off in a different place right now. This has been coming for a while -- I think my outrage fund is pretty much tanked, at least for the time being. I'll probably be shifting the focus of this blog, as I've mentioned before. It may move more toward gay issues, maybe more toward art and culture commentary. I doubt that I will leave political commentary completely -- there's always a public idiot to skewer -- and gods know the culture warriors are still making a lot of noise (but I get tired of refuting the same "arguments" again and again), so I'm sure I'll be weighing in on some of those things.

This week the problem is time -- how much and when. Bear with me. I'm not leaving.

(I do intend to come back to the "relationships between men" commentary that I started last weekend. Let me know what you think.)

No comments: