"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Reverting to Type

I'm borrowing Digby's title. This story has been all over the place, and my only reaction is, "What did you expect?" Did anyone honestly think these people are concerned about health care? They are small, ugly, mean people who are frightened, and that fear has been groomed and nurtured by the Republican party -- which has now lost control. The first thing that comes to mind here is Frankenstein's monster, but the monster, at least, had some justification -- he really was mistreated.

Oh, and has anyone else noted how the corporate press is helping the Republican party distance itself from these loons? Of course, they're all in the same club.

No comments: