"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Sunday, April 18, 2010

There are none so blind., ,. ,

etc., etc. I seem to have gotten myself into quite a discussion over at this post at AmericaBlog Gay. You can see my thoughts by scrolling down the comments -- it's mostly an exchange between me and one other commmenter.

It's all a take-off from the press-release and demand for an apology quoted at the start of the post. Sorry, boys and girls -- I don't see every comment that I don't like as evidence of deep-seated homophobia. That just smacks too much of a willingness to play the victim card -- although you sort of have to admire anyone who can turn that into a means of aggression.

The really weird part of the whole thing is that a bunch of people who should be all over Ben Domenech and CBS for publishing the post in question to begin with are instead all over Obama for responding appropriately, if a little too seriously.

My reasoning on this is pretty much in the comments there, so give it a read.

No comments: