"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

From John Cole

A great post, partly on the Ryan "Roadmap To Becoming a Banana Republic" and partly on the response from all those rich libertarians in Washington. (And have you noticed how there are no poor people espousing libertarianism?) It's a spin-off from this post by DougJ, and it starts like this:

DougJ:
What I don’t know for sure is if Brooks, Klein, Sullivan, etc. are cowardly careerist sociopaths, just plain stupid, or both.
Well, both, obviously, but I would add a couple more things- lazy, incurious, insulated, and well-rewarded for staying that way.


And then Cole proceeds to demonstrate.

Read both.

No comments: